02 February 2014

Running Season 2014 Has Begun!

I started my 2014 running season this morning with a the Pre-Game 4 Miler in Morristown. The super cold temps here have kept me sidelined more than I have liked and I waited until the last minute to register for this race. When the weather looked like it was gonna be clear, sunny, and in the 50s, I asked my race buddy if she was up for it and the rest is history.

I finished (unofficially) in 0:56:17 - even after face planting at the 1/4 mile mark. Despite landing on my hands, they weren't skinned. My ego was more bruised than anything - there was a house with several young men sitting out on a balcony. They say me go down and cheered "She got up!" when I picked myself up and resumed running.

I learned two things on this run:
  1. Running without my hair tied back is not advisable. I don't know what happened to the hair tie I normally have on one of my wrists, but I wish I had it a few times during this race.   
  2. I'm pretty spoiled running down here on the shore. There are HILLS in Morristown - which proved to be quite a challenge for me. 
It was a great day to be out and run. I've got one more (short) race before my half at the end of March. In the meantime, more snow is coming our way. I just hope it blows through quickly and the temps warm up so I can be back out on the road training for the half. I can't stand being on the treadmill for more than a mile. 

Looking forward to the half and all the other races I've got on my calendar for the year - including three mud runs. It's gonna be a great one!

No comments: