14 October 2013

Where I Lose My Mind

Little did I know that when I completely my first 5K in July that I would find myself looking for races every weekend. Since Labor Day, I have ran a 5K all but one weekend.

Next weekend I will be going to Atlantic City with 2 of my dearest friends to participate in The Color Run. As part of this adventure, we shall be decked out in tutus, tiaras, faery wings, and wands. Yours truly has been tasked with making the tutus. 

I finished mine a couple weeks ago and took it on a test run at the Run Now Wine Later 5K in New Hope. One unexpected perk of wearing a tutu while running - you create a little more space for yourself. 

I've finished the second tutu and am about halfway thru the third. Each of them are different, but all feature pink as the main color. (It's a Phi Mu thing.). I used sparkle tulle in the last one - what the heck was I thinking? Glitter everywhere. EVERY. WHERE. But it looks amazing. 

After these are done, I plan to create a few more for me to wear during other races - I've got my black and orange tulle to make a Bengals tutu and likely will do something in cream and crimson as well. 

But back to the races...

After The Color Run weekend, I am following that up with two 5Ks the following weekend and then the first Saturday in November I will be doing a 5 MILE race with my Color Run companions. As that's a flat course, some of which I ran in my Labor Day race, I'm looking forward to it. 

If that's not madness enough, after talking to a couple friends, I officially registered for a half marathon - The Love Run in Philadelphia on 3.30.14. That's 166 days away. I'm nervous and excited about the challenge of running 13.1. 

Some days I don't know what happened to the girl I used to be. Still I have come to enjoy getting out and running through the woods - it's my down time, my me time. Races don't offer me the solitude that the woods do, but it's amazing to see how I've improved in a few short months. 

That said, if I ever start talking about doing a marathon, please slap some sense into me. Seriously.  

No comments: