09 June 2013

A Rookie Mistake

Over the past few months, I've been slowly getting my craft on, and when I made a present for my sister last month, my patchwork/quilting mojo was reawakened.

This afternoon, I attempted to make Halloween placemats and napkins based on this tutorial which I found through the great time suck, Pinterest.

While I'm pleased with the overall technique and quality of my work, I can't believe I made such a rookie mistake.


Yep, I somehow forgot to check the direction of my fabric when I was cutting it, so my kitties are sideways. Drat.

However, the back of the placemats look amazing (if I may say so).


Considering these are just for me, I can live with my mistake. I won't use the other side of the placemats. 

A valuable lesson - one that I know, but obviously forgot during my hiatus. You beat I won't make this mistake a second time around. 

No comments: