04 November 2010

FML

I've been 'sick' with one thing or another pretty much since January 2010. I've been in more doctors' offices, more hospitals, more labs than anyone should be this year. I'm tired of it.

In the past two weeks, I've had an endometrial biopsy (follow-up visit next week) after having the never-ending period for several months. The ultrasound discovered I had fibroids - no big deal as it's common in women my age, but the heavy and long periods were a concern. I tried for months to get answers, having to switch GYNs to find one who listened to me and took my concerns seriously. In that respect, I feel like I'm getting answers - albeit slower than I desire.

Secondly, a routine physical with my internist revealed that I have high calcium levels in my blood. Follow-up blood work suggested that I have hyperparathyroidism.
Now the kidney stones, recurring UTIs, and some of the other maladies that have befallen me are starting to make sense. I'm set to see an endocrinologist later today. The cure is a simple surgery - which if that's the case, I'm ready to be knocked out, sliced and diced.

However, I'm really on the verge of losing it. I'm sick of being in doctors' offices, going to labs and having vial after vial of blood drawn. I'm scared. I'm alone. I want someone to just hold me close and tell me everything's gonna be alright.

I'm tired of being sick. I simply want to be well again.

1 comment:

Plant Girl said...

I want you to be well again too! Being sick for an extended amount of time is so physically and emotionally draining. I hope that you're on the path to total recovery soon.