16 March 2010

Weight of the World

Just over 2 weeks ago, I went for a coloposcopy. My doctor told me that the results of the biopsy would be back in 7-10 days -- since last Wednesday, I've been anxiously awaiting the results.

Today, I finally connnected with my doctor. Apparently she had been trying to reach me at home (our answering machine is on the fritz) and only today did someone bother to write my cell phone number on my chart. (Nevermind I've been calling daily since last Wednesday and leaving that particular number.)

The news is good - nothing to worry about. Yea! But the bad news? Quarterly paps for the next year, biannual paps for 3 years after that. I'll be in stirrups more than Roy Rogers by the time this is over.

I feel like a huge weight has been lifted from my shoulders. Now I can get back to living and stop holding my breath. Thanks everyone for the good thoughts and prayers. I don't know how I would have gotten through the past several weeks without you. xoxo

3 comments:

lorem ipsum said...

I'm happy you're okay too. :-)

The captcha, by the way, is 'ovula.' Kind of appropriate, since you will be spending a lot of time at the gynecologist, no?

marci said...

Tee hee, e. i was replying to a post about knickers earlier in the week and the captcha was 'pants'. Talk about apropos.

Nic said...

I'm relieved to hear you're okay. Quarterly smears don't sound like my idea of fun, but they are a dman sight better than the alternative...