07 February 2010

Snowpocalyspe Stitching


WIP: Love by Turquoise Graphics & Designs
Originally uploaded by MarciNYC

The snowpocalyse that hit the Mid-Atlantic over the weekend afforded me time to sit and stitch uninterrupted. I loved this design when I saw it and after spending close to two weeks debating on what fabric to use, I started it last week.

While I know it's gonna be stunning when I finally complete it, it's somewhat annoying to change colors every 6-10 threads for the background design. At least there's no confetti stitching - that is probably the one thing I hate more than anything. Except French knots. (I've been stitching for 20+ years and still can't master any knot. I'm so pathetic I save my projects until I see Mom and ask her to do them for me.)

The 'V' is almost done -- I am short one color of DMC so if I can make a stop at AC Moore or Michael's tomorrow, I should be able to finish that off tomorrow. I've been working on 'E' all night - loving how it's coming together so nicely.

Now if I could only get the Nat King Cole song L-O-V-E out of my head. Should have known it would become an earworm once I picked up this piece. V is very, very extraordinary....

No comments: