30 January 2010

A Little of Both?


LK: Santa Wants to Know
Originally uploaded by MarciNYC

Over the past week (or since I finished the St Pat's piece), I've been working on this Lizzie Kate piece. If Santa's asking, I've definitely been nice. *g*

I was surprised by snow this evening when I let the dogs out -- didn't know my part of Jersey was supposed to get snow. It's only about an inch - just the right amount as it's pretty to look at and doesn't require me to get out there and shovel.

It's bitter cold here, so I made a big pot of chicken noodle soup for dinner - turned out better than last time. I am not a cook - my favorite thing to make for dinner? Reservations. (Ok, it's a tired old joke, but it's appropriate for me.) This time around I chopped the carrots, celery and onion much finer and browned them before adding the chicken and stock. I let it simmer for a little over an hour on the stove before adding the noodles. Guess I'm getting pretty good at making soup. I had a request for split pea and/or tomato. Not really a fan of either soup, so my desire to make them is next to nothing. Of the two, split pea is more likely, but it's still a million to one shot.

No big plans for the coming week - just a heavy workload coming down on me for the next few weeks. Just need to stay healthy and get through this. Got me a few more needlework projects in the fire - so as long as I can balance work/home/hobbies, I'll be fine. If not, there's always a bottle of vodka to help me cope.

No comments: