12 January 2010

It's Finished!


Lizzie Kate - ABC Christmas
Originally uploaded by MarciNYC

Today at my lunchtime stitch-n-bitch gathering, I put the last stitches in this piece - or at least I thought I did. I realized I had the little quarter note to stitch so I did that and added my initials/date once I got home.

It's not perfect - there's a few mistakes/miscounts here and there, but overall I'm quite pleased with how it turned out. I'm still debating how to finish it -- leaning towards a wall hanging since I don't really want to frame it just to hang it up for a few weeks each year.

Speaking of the holidays, I guess it's time for me to take down the tree and other Christmas decorations. But first I've got a love/Valentine's theme piece to work on...

Designer: Lizzie Kate
Pattern: ABC Christmas
Stitch Count: 180W x 119H
Fabric: 28 ct Light Mocha Cashel
Threads: DMC floss, Crescent Colors

2 comments:

Nic said...

Yay! Happy Dance! I'm conflicted whether I want to get this one, or the ABC Lessons - how big is it?

marci said...

Well, I amended my blog entry to include the stitch count - duh! It's 180W x 119H.

I want ABC Lessons, too. It's on my wish list. I know the Hermit doesn't like Xmas, but if you want this chart, let me know and I'll send it your way.

I am surprised that I had two complete skeins of Crescent Colours leftover. Usually I run out of threads when they're supplied.