19 January 2010

Frustrated

Those close to me know that I've been ill on/off since Christmas -- nearly 3 weeks into the new year, I'm still not 'right' and it's beginning to wear on me.

I commented to a friend that I'm sinking into a depression because of it. I hate that I have no energy, no desire to get up and be active. As a result, I'm not going to the gym, I'm not working out regularly and my ass is spreading, my belly has grown soft and the scale is inching upwards instead of downward.

While I know what the fix is (get up, get to gym, stop feeding my face), I just can't get over that initial hump. My gym bag is packed and ready but I don't go. I make my lunch to take to work but I still snack on crap.

I'm starting to dislike how I look again. Yes, the face is still pretty (IMO), but the bod is starting to go. Where I once I was toned, I'm getting flabby. I just don't know what it is going to take to get me into a routine once again. I miss yoga, but I don't miss the treadmill.

Well, I've put it out there - maybe now that I've said it, I'll get up off my ass and move more.

3 comments:

sin said...

So? Did it work? Did you go to the gym?

Plant Girl said...

It's hard getting back into that routine, even when you hate what it's doing to your body.

Start slow and goodluck!

marci said...

No, I haven't motivated myself yet. I think I need a swift kick in the ass or something. *g*