20 December 2009

It's Beginning to Look a lot Like Christmas...


first snow of season - 12/20/09
Originally uploaded by MarciNYC

We got snow! Somewhere in the vicinity of 20" of the lovely, powdery white stuff. I love it. Well, except the shoveling bit. I was out about 3 times yesterday throughout the day, trying to keep up, but by 9 PM, I had enough and said I'd tackle the rest in the morning. Woke up this morning to around 10" of new snow. Ugh.

It's lovely now though -- and for the first time in I don't know how long, we will have a White Christmas here. The temps are supposed to warm up throughout the week, but there's enough snow that this won't be going anywhere for a long time.

My car has been dug out, the driveway clear and a path to the front door made. Now I can enjoy a couple of the chocolate chip cookies I made yesterday. I think I've earned them.

3 comments:

Nic said...

We had a couple of inches - maybe a little more - yesterday. That's quite a lot for us these days!

Kath said...

Well it is hot here, and I for one would love a snowy Christmas. It's on my busket list you know!!

Enjoy your chokky chip cookies, all that shovelling must have built up an appetite for sure!

בוריס said...

wow i never see snow :(