05 December 2009

Here Come the Holidays


Christmas 2009
Originally uploaded by MarciNYC

Just under a week to Chanukkah and under 3 weeks to Christmas. Oy! The tree is finally decorated and my holiday shopping is complete. Thank you etsy!

I'm continuing to plug away on Lizzie Kate's ABC Christmas, though there isn't much progress since I broke my finger, hence, no photo update. If the finger injury wasn't enough, this week I went to the doc to have the pain in my knee looked at. Initial thought is tendinitis in the (right) knee. I've been prescribed an anti-inflammatory, if there's no improvement by early in the week, then it's off to the orthopedist. Two years in a row I've been through the revolving door of doctor visits - here's hoping this won't require surgery!

No big plans for us this holiday season. We're looking at going into the city on Christmas Day and catching a Broadway show. I had a look to see what was playing and if I can get decent seats (meaning on the aisle), I think I might pick up tix for 'Jersey Boys.' Of course, growing up my mom's second husband had a passion for Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons. I couldn't stand the music back then. Now that I'm older, it's grown on me. Since I stated I wanted to see this show, all I've been doing is singing Frankie Valli songs in my head. "Oh what a night..."

The weather outside is frightful today - cold rain at the moment, though there's a possibility of snow after sunset tonight. I'm ready - even if it doesn't last. There's something magical about snow during the holiday season. However, depending on what forecast I look at our area is due for 1-3 inches of snow or a slushy mix. I hope it's the former -- slushy mix is simply gross.

While the dismal weather means that we can't take the girls to the beach for a frolic on the sand, it gives me a chance to throw a blanket over my lap and stitch to my heart's content. Maybe by next week I'll have this Christmas piece done and be able to head over to Joann's in search for fabric to make it into a wall hanging (or pillow).

No comments: