22 November 2009

What a Week!


WIP: ABC Christmas (21-Nov-09)
Originally uploaded by MarciNYC

Despite the obstacles thrown at me this week, I managed to make a little more progress on LK's ABC Christmas. Most of this was accomplished prior to my injury, only on Saturday was I again able to manipulate a needle successfully again.

On Tuesday, I jammed my left ring finger while reaching for my shampoo in the shower. I didn't think much of it, despite the pain and the swelling. By evening, it was swollen up like a Vienna Sausage and was a beautiful shade of purple. I went to bed with the intention of going to the doctor on Wednesday morning if it wasn't better.

I didn't think my finger could have swelled up larger, but by Wednesday morning, it had. I went to the doctor and had to explain to both the doctor and nurse about 5 times that I hurt it in the shower -- I am not sure they didn't think someone did something to me. An x-ray revealed two hairline fractures so they taped me up and ordered me off work for FOUR days. With my dominant hand taped up I was pretty useless.

I spent the better part of the week reading -- to the point where I didn't want to pick up another book. I am making good progress through the Sookie Stackhouse books and enjoying them, though I wonder how many supes are going to have the hots for Sookie before this series ends.

Today was the first day that I didn't tape my finger and I've managed to do most things without too much discomfort. It still hurts if I move it just so -- but typing normally is possible for the first time in days. The swelling is gone and the bruises have faded, but I still baby it. I don't know how long it's gonna feel tender, but at least I'm able to do most everything I could do before the incident.

Now to get back to my stitching -- hoping to get this done before the end of the Thanksgiving weekend so I can start on a new project.

1 comment:

Nic said...

Ouch! I hope you're back to full fingers soon :o)