20 October 2009

Comforting Words

One of my EtsyNJ friends had this quote on her blog a few days ago and I liked it well enough that I appropriated it for myself to post here.

May today there be peace within.
May you use your gifts and pass them on.
May you be content with yourself just the way you are.
Let this knowledge setting into your bones
and allow yourself the freedom to sing, dance, praise and love.

As one who constantly beats myself up over doing or saying the wrong thing, I found these words a comfort. For most of my life I've felt I've never been good enough, smart enough, pretty enough, etc.

Yet over the past 18 months or so, along my weight loss journey, I have changed how I think of myself. There are days when I still feel like that insecure ugly duckling. It's those days that words such as these are needed to remind me that I am ok - just the way I am.

No comments: