14 August 2009

Homeward Bound

I'm sitting in the Philly airport, waiting for my plane to come in and board. In about an hour, I'll be winging my way back to Ohio and a visit 'home' -- if I can call Ohio home anymore. After a decade-plus on the east coast, I no longer feel like a midwesterner, but the moment I open my mouth, the midwestern gal is revealed.

It's a short trip this time around - I am flying back on Monday. But I get to visit with my mother and take a trip to Louisville to see my BFF and finally meet the wonder child. I'm quite giddy with excitement - just to be out here and spend time with some of my favorite people is exhilarating.

Of course, no trip back to Cincinnati would be complete without a trip to Skyline for a 3-way and Graeter's for ice cream. I'm salivating just thinking about it already.

1 comment:

Plant Girl said...

Enjoy your time in Ohio. And that's great you get to head to Louisville.

Safe travels!