03 May 2009

Inked Again


Lotus Tattoo - May 2009
Originally uploaded by MarciNYC

After 10 years with no new ink, I've gone under the needle twice within 6 days.

While I love my tricolor shamrock, I'm totally enamored of this piece. It's quite large, covering a significant portion of my upper shoulder and I love catching a glimpse of it in the mirror as I'm primping in the mornings. I've gotten several positive comments on it from friends and strangers over the past two days. I wish that I could see it myself, but just knowing it's there puts a big smile on my face.

What's next? Well, nothing in the immediate future. I'm going to have an old tattoo on my right shoulder covered up eventually - most likely a rose in the spot, about the same size as the lotus. However, if another flower (i.e. chrysanthemum or peony) would do the job, I'd rather go that route. We'll see. I'm not in any rush to get more ink -- but I figure I'll have it done before the end of the year.

1 comment:

Plant Girl said...

It is gorgeous! I'm not usually a fan of pink, but I love that design. Fabulous choice.