27 April 2009

50 Down, 16 To Go


Manasquan Dog Beach - April 2009
Originally uploaded by MarciNYC

Just thirteen months after starting my Weight Watchers journey, I'm down 50.4 pounds and looking at another 16 to reach goal.

For those who don't remember me before (and honestly, I really don't want to), you can find photos of me along my journey here. It's not been easy and at times I wanted to throw in the towel, but I've come a long way and I'm bound to see it through to the end. The pictures are motivation for me - this one was shot on Saturday at the dog beach in Manasquan.

Hoping that my new bathing suit arrives today -- I went crazy and ordered not one, but two bikinis for the summer. From a gal who used to wear big baggy stuff to cover everything up, I'm ready to bare almost everything. I just need to keep working on those abs and my arms now.

Have a great Monday wherever you are. The Jersey Shore is still in the throes of a summer-like heatwave (in April!) and I'm dressed lightly. I've got a feeling the office is going to be a sweat box today. Ugh. (But on a positive note, I'll lose weight by sweating?)

3 comments:

Susan Helene Gottfried said...

No, no. You'll dehydrate by sweating. Do your body a favor and drink LOTS of water.

(If you keep the bottle full, you can do arm shaping exercises each time you lift it!)

Again, mazel tov on the 50. I'm proud of you!

Kath said...

Who is that foxy chick? Ups to you,m jeez I know how hard it all is.
Very proud of you.

Stacey said...

You look fantastic! Congratulations--what an accomplishment.