02 March 2009

Let It Snow! Let It Snow! Let it Snow!


Snow - March 2009
Originally uploaded by MarciNYC

The snow started falling around 7 PM last night here in our part of Central Jersey -- when I woke up around 5 AM this morning, there was a good 8 inches on the ground.

We had a brief window where I started to shovel the drive and took the dogs out for a walk and contemplated going into work. About 30-45 minutes ago it started up again and by 8 AM it was coming down hard. So I'm taking it easy here at home today...

I've been wanting a significant snowfall all winter - finally got it. Yea! Now to find my boots and take the dogs out for a walk so I can snap some shots of them in the chest deep snow. (To see them attempt to bound through chest high snow was quite funny. I'm easily amused though.) I'll wait until this tapers off -- wouldn't do to get lost in a snowdrift.

1 comment:

Stacey said...

Oooohhh...I am so jealous! I can't wait to see the pix of the dogs in the snow. Have fun and keep warm!