18 March 2009

Blog 'n Run


Caribbean Sunset
Originally uploaded by MarciNYC

It's been some time since I blogged regularly - life is just, well, crazy. So many things to do, so little time, yet I feel like I'm barely making a dent in the ever growing list of things to do.

If you follow me on Twitter or Facebook, you know that Mark and I are leaving for Montego Bay on Friday. I'm quite excited to get away and not worry about anything. Give me sun, sand and surf along with my iPod, a book, and a potent potable and I'm good to go. We fly out on Friday AM, direct from Newark to Montego Bay and barring any delays, we should be at our resort and on the beach by 3 PM.

On the weight loss front, I've hit a plateau. The first 45-50 pounds were fairly easy to lose, but I've been losing and gaining the same 5 pounds since Thanksgiving. My surgery kept me out of the gym for about 4 weeks and prior to surgery I hadn't been too active either. I'm getting back into a routine -- trying new things (pilates, Zumba, treadmill) in an attempt to kick start losing again. While this mini vacation is an interruption, I'm hoping that I'll find plenty to do to keep me active.

We've been busy celebrating the St Patricks season since the Belmar Parade on the 1st. I've had my share of corned beef, Bailey's and bagpipes. I've had a blast hanging with the band and with a bit of luck - and practice - Mark will soon be an official member of the band. I've kind of given up practicing with my chanter and am content being a 'band wife' for now.

On the creative front, I'm struggling to find my mojo again. I haven't had the urge to buy more beads and really haven't found the time to sit down and create. However, as was the theme at my WW meeting on Sunday, you'll never FIND time, you have to MAKE time. So a priority when I get home from our trip is to make time for myself to be creative.

Another two sleeps, one more day of work and then we're Jamaica-bound. I'll be out-of-touch for a few days, but once we're home I'll post photos and recap our Caribbean vacation.

1 comment:

Plant Girl said...

Glad to see a post from you. I've missed you here!

I'm struggling with my weight loss right now too. Bouncing around within a couple of pounds. Much of mine is that I'm not eating as well as I could and struggling to get to the gym. I need to find some motivation to get back on track.

I hope that you have a fantastic vacation! Although I'm not a fan of the beach, I'm incredibly jealous of the time away!