27 February 2009

Dog Days... of Painting!


img 008
Originally uploaded by MarciNYC

I 'met' this wonderful artist, Terry Stanley, via one of my Twitter followers and am really excited about her upcoming project, The Dog Days of Painting.

As of today, she's still accepting submissions, so if you have photos of your dogs that you'd like to see immortalized in paint, email them to her! (See her blog for specifics.) I've submitted pics of Suki, Tara, and Henry -- so I'll be watching over the next year to see if they are lucky enough to be a chosen subject. I'd love to see all three of them painted, but in all honestly, it's Henry's portrait I'd love the most. It's 7+ months since we said good-bye to him and I still miss him.

Anyhow, if you're a dog lover or know a dog lover - spread the word. I can't wait to see all the dogs Terry is going to paint.

No comments: