20 January 2009

It Is Finished


LK - Finished
Originally uploaded by MarciNYC

While I was recuperating from my surgery, I finished off my Lizzie Kate piece -- here's the final piece in all it's glory.

For those interested - the particulars are as follows:

Designer: Lizzie Kate
Fabric: 28 ct Lambswool linen
Threads: Weeks Dye Works and Sampler Threads (as called for)


In all, it took me about four weeks to stitch this piece from start to finish. There are more than a few errors on it, but I'll live with them.

I am debating what to do with it -- frame it (which'll cost a small fortune), make it into a bellpull (not totally enamored of that idea) or find some fabric and make it into a wall hanging. For now it's rolled up and will be added to the pile of other finished unframed projects.

1 comment:

Nic said...

Your finish looks fab.

How are you feeling after the surgery?