24 December 2008

WIP: Living With Charm (Lizzie Kate)


WIP - 23 Dec 2008
Originally uploaded by MarciNYC

I started work on this Lizzie Kate piece this past Saturday (20 Dec) after coming home from the MetroStitchers holiday party.

After spending a Sunday afternoon correcting my errors, I got some quality time in during Monday Night Football and this evening. I've got the bulk of the second motif (Love) complete and with a bit of luck, I'll be able to start on the third motif sometime tomorrow. I have been stitching the border as I go along -- it's pretty much mindless work and I don't want to save it until the very end.

I had forgotten how much I don't like working on Wichelt linen -- in hindsight, I wish I had gotten a neutral evenweave instead. But I'll press on and finish this on the linen.

Stay tuned for more updates on my work-in-progress.

No comments: