27 November 2008

Happy Thanksgiving


img 004
Originally uploaded by MarciNYC

The praline-pumpkin cake is in the oven, but my pumpkins pies are done. Here's a shot of one of them last night.

After debating whether to try a new (Weight Watchers) recipe or my grandma's recipe, I opted for grandmas. I did however made a few concessions -- using fat free evaporated milk and egg substitutes.

Here's my grandma's recipe:

1 large can pumpkin
1 1/2 c. sugar
2 whole eggs + 2 egg yolks
1 1/2 t. cinnamon
1/2 t. nutmeg
1 t. vanilla
2 c. milk (I use one can of evaporated milk, then top off with regular milk to bring it to the required amount.)

Bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes; lower temperature to 350 degrees and bake for an additional 45 minutes.

Makes 2 9" pies.

Enjoy!

2 comments:

lorem ipsum said...

That looks like something in a magazine!

Happy Thanksgiving!

Kath said...

That's one yummy looking pie there Marci.

And look at you .... looking HOT!!!

Happy Thanksgiving