18 September 2008

Walking for Henry


Henry
Originally uploaded by MarciNYC

On October 4th, Mark and I, accompanied by Suki and Tara, will be walking in memory of Henry at the 2008 MCSPCA/RBVH Dog Walk and Pet Fair to raise money for the Monmouth County SPCA.

Henry and Suki, along with two of our cats (Sadie and Lily) are MCSPCA alumnae. While many shelters wouldn't have given an older dog like Henry the time to find his forever home, the SPCA knew his family would come along eventually. Although our time together was short, I truly believe we gave Henry the best years of his life. He never wanted for anything and was one spoiled pup.

This year, I decided I was going to walk and raise money for the SPCA to give back to them for giving Henry (and many other animals) a chance to find happiness. There's not a day that goes by that I don't miss my dog. But I know that he spent the last years of his life with people who loved and cared about him instead of in a cage at the shelter.

If you feel so inclined, the link above will take you to my fundraising page. No amount is too small. Please help me help the many animals waiting, like Henry did, for their forever home.

1 comment:

Stacey said...

What a sweet and heartfelt post, Marci! You brought tears to my eyes. I just moved you a little closer to your goal. ;)