09 September 2008

Turn That Frown Upside Down

I was a bit melancholy today as it's Henry's adoption day. Two years ago, that lovable pup joined our household. As he was a senior dog, I knew we didn't have forever, but I had hoped it was longer than we did.

I found myself moping around a bit today, thinking about how much I miss him when I received an email from Stacey of Three Red Trees. I had contacted her several weeks ago and asked if she would make me a custom sock dog -- a Henry. She accepted my challenge and today, she emailed me that Henry was done and ready to make his way to his forever home.

I'm pretty pleased with the photos she sent -- one of which I've posted here. What do you think? I can't wait to see my Henry sock dog in person. What a fabulous ending to a day that didn't start out so happy.

3 comments:

lorem ipsum said...

HENRY LIVES!

(And his namesake is pretty cute.)

Susan Helene Gottfried said...

Oh, he's adorable! I want one, now!

Hugs on Henry's adoption day. Keep focusing on the quality of that time you had with him. Forget about the duration.

Nic said...

What a fun memento, it's so cute!

Henry might not have had the longest time with you, but I'm sure he had the best time.