13 August 2008

Oh My Begonias!


Garden Flowers 2008
Originally uploaded by MarciNYC

Just a quick post to say that I am alive and well - but exhausted.

There's this little thing called The Olympics that has been occupying my time -- or rather a certain athlete whose name sounds an awful lot like Michael Phelps. I don't think I've been in bed before midnight since Sunday. It's catching up to me. Since Phelps is not swimming in any finals tonight, I just might crawl into bed at 8 PM and read until I can no longer keep my eyes open.

Some of the begonia bulbs I planted in the spring have started to bloom. This one is right outside my front door, next to my new stoop. I think I'll move it next year -- just so it can have a bit more room to grow. No flowers on the other begonias yet; hoping it's just a matter of time.

The weather here in Jersey has been simply gorgeous the past few days. Temps are in the 70s/80s during the day, low humidity. We turned off the AC and opened the windows. I can't believe this is the middle of August - it feels more like September. But I won't complain -- I'll gladly take this weather over 90+ degrees and 90% humidity.

While I've been watching The Olympics, I've been busy stitching a piece in remembrance of Henry. I'm almost done with it - just need another night or two and then I'll take a photo and post it. I've adapted the colors in the piece to better capture his coloring. I'm excited at how quickly it's stitched up.

Okey doke, gotta walk the dogs one last time before bed - then it's lights out for me.

1 comment:

Susan Helene Gottfried said...

It's been cool here, too, but I've had to keep the house closed up. The township picked this week to resurface our street and ugh, the stink!