20 July 2008

The Weekend that Wasn't....

Friday night I drove up north to have dinner and play poker with my sorority sisters. It was a good time, even though I didn't win. I was home by midnight and didn't encounter any DWI checkpoints on the way.

Saturday, Mark purchased tickets to the Trenton Thunder game. It was hot and muggy during the day, so the last thing I wanted to do was sit in a ballpark and watch a game while the sun sets in my face. Nevertheless, we jumped into the car and drove to Trenton. As we approached the ballpark, the lot is empty. Then, I notice the stadium is empty. At this point I look at the tickets and realize they're for NEXT Saturday, the 26th. I still haven't stopped giggling at that oopsie.

Today, I went to WW in the morning (lost 0.8 lbs for those who want to know) and stopped at Nordstrom while I was at the mall. I'm a little miffed that no one from the Philosophy counter bothered to call me about the anniversary sale specials. I didn't manage to snag a bottle of Amazing Grace body wash, so I'm gonna have to order it online (if I want it).

When I got home, we decided to go to the beach. We changed into our beachwear and applied sunscreen and hopped in the car. Got to Spring Lake, found a park spot, paid our beach fees, and parked ourselves in an open spot. Not 10 minutes later, the skies opened up. The rain came down in buckets -- it hurt! We waited it out, crouched under our umbrella before I finally said to heck with it and we made a dash for the car. Of course, by the time we got back to the car, the rain abated and the sun was trying to peek through the clouds again. We said to heck with it, dried ourselves off and went to grab a bite to eat.

This evening, we attempted to go see the B-Street Band (yes, that's a Springsteen tribute/cover band) at the Headliner, but when we got there - no parking to be found. So we went back to Freehold and purchased tickets for the 8:30 showing of The Dark Knight. We had 90 minutes to kill, so we went over to Jersey Freeze and then Border's. We got back to the theatre to find the line for ticketholders snaking down the side of the building. After about 10 minutes of debate, we returned the tickets and decided we'd catch the movie at a later date.

On the way home, Mark asked me if I wanted to play mini golf. Knowing that he doesn't enjoy it, I said no. He then proposed bowling. I didn't have socks on and neither did he, but I remembered my gym bag was in the back seat. I found two pair of clean socks, so we pulled into the lot of the bowling alley.

We played two games - I won both. According to my husband, since I'm part Polish, it's only natural that I'm good at bowling. (I'm not sure scores of 113 and 109 respectively make me a good bowler, but at least I was in triple digits.) I had a lot of a fun bowling and would love to do it more. Of course, now I have to figure out how many activity points I get for an hour's worth of bowling.

I'm hoping that we'll get to see The Dark Knight later this week -- but am fearing that Mark's interest will wane and I'll either have to see it alone or else wait for it to come to DVD. A pity, as it's the first movie in a long time that I've been excited about seeing. But not enough to risk having a crappy seat in a packed theatre. I'm working on getting him to agree to a matinee.

No comments: