28 July 2008

Girls in their Summer Cuts


Tara and Suki
Originally uploaded by MarciNYC

Always a Springsteen reference from me, eh?

Suki and Tara went to the groomer this morning. For those who have followed my blog for any period of time, you'll know that the Diva - aka Drama Queen Suki - is anything but easy to groom. We've resorted to giving her tranquilizers just to get her calm enough to be handled.

Today, I took her and Tara to Purr N Pooch in Wall Twp. The tranqs were just starting to kick in as I dropped her off and every time my cell phone rang, I was certain it was going to be the groomer telling me she was unmanageable.

After running a few errands, I called to check on their status and was told they'd be ready in about 30 minutes. I opted to have lunch and then pick them up. When the door opened and I saw Suki all shaved down, I squealed in joy. She looks great - a little funny - but that's less Suki fur to deal with on the carpet, the sofa, the bed.

The groomer herself said something I thought I'd never hear in regards to la petite Cujo - that she'd welcome the opportunity to groom her again. Apparently she had her moments -- she doesn't like it when someone gets near her face or tail, but otherwise she was fairly well-behaved. Perhaps with a consistent grooming pattern with the same groomer, she'll learn to trust.

They're pretty much conked out on the floor now. It's a warm day, but I think they'll be happy to have "shed" some of their fur, particular Suki. I'm pretty much sold on the groomer and despite it being a 20-30 minute ride (depending on whether I can remember WHERE they are located), with this success, I'm willing to make that trip.

I'm anxious to see what Mark thinks about their new cuts -- he'll be back Wednesday evening.

2 comments:

Plant Girl said...

Yay! I'm glad that Suki was so well behaved. That must have been a huge relief for you.

My dogs always act like nuts when they get groomed -- running around like ADHD kids in the yard. I'm sure it feels good to be so much cooler. They need it again desperately but I'm too busy to do it right now. LOL.

Stacey said...

Beautiful girls! :D