26 July 2008

Bead Bonanza


AC Moore Clearance Bounty
Originally uploaded by MarciNYC

This evening, I ran to AC Moore to purchase a flag case for the flag we got at Mark's dad's funeral as he was a Navy vet. Of course, while I was there, I spied a bead clearance section -- I couldn't not look.

I came home with at least two strands of everything pictured here -- resin beads and some Paula Radke dichroics. They were all marked 50% off and on top of that I had a coupon for 25% off my entire order. My entire bead purchases cost me a whopping $60. I think I did pretty good; I don't think I could have gotten the dichroics for less wholesale.

I'm hoping this little splurge on beads lets me find my mojo again. It's gone walkabout. Mark is out of town Monday and Tuesday nights, so perhaps I can hunker down in the studio and see what springs from my bead board. It's been a long time since I've made anything with these hands. Too long.

1 comment:

Plant Girl said...

Those are beautiful! Can't wait to stalk your store and see what you make...