23 June 2008

Non, je ne regrette rien

Last night, I finally sat down and watched La Vie en Rose on the small screen. Wow! I was duly impressed by Marion Cotillard's performance - that Oscar was well deserved.

As for the movie itself - a bit disjointed, but still enjoyable. After several years of French (and an instructor who was a fan of Piaf), I know the story of Edith Piaf which was beneficial in watching this film. For those not familiar with her life, I think it might have been a wee bit confusing. Still, I was moved by the movie and found my eyes misty when the credits rolled.

Mark and I did not visit Père-Lachaise Cemetery while we were in Paris -- something that I intend to correct next time we are there. Not that a trip to Paris is planned anytime soon, but it's one of the few touristy places in Paris that we haven't visited.

3 comments:

lorem ipsum said...

All I know about Edith Piaf is that she was a French opera singer.

I also used to believe that a rice dish was named for her. That was an erroneous belief.

sheasy said...

I LOVED this film! As soon as I finished atching it the first time, I immediately watched it again. I thought this film is probably one of the best artist biopics that I have seen in a long time. The soundtrack is on my Amazon wish list but now I'm thinking I need to just head over to iTunes and download whatever I can find. An incredible voice and spirit.

LINDSAY said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog Marci! I'll make sure to eat an extra scoop or two of custard in your honor and all...

Enjoy the holiday :)