05 June 2008

A Gift from the Heart


DC Special
Originally uploaded by MarciNYC

Mark went to Washington (DC) this week for a work conference. On Tuesday night, I got a phone call from him that went something like this:

Mark: I got you some beads tonight.

Me:
Really? Where?

Mark:
Beadazzled.

Me:
Where's that?

Mark:
Across from Biddy Mulligan's.

Me:
Are they big bead or little beads?

Mark:
Little, I guess. I hope you like them.
Now, to be honest, I was a bit skeptical about what sort of beads he was buying me. Never in my life would I imagine he'd step into a bead shop without me dragging him in behind me, let alone him purchase something. The past two days I've been anxiously awaiting his return home so I could see the booty. I got them tonight and was delighted! They're not huge, but they're not tiny either. He picked out six matching pairs -- and I've already got ideas for some of them.

My favorites are the red beads (left side, middle) and the aqua striped (right side, middle) and I'm already contemplating what to do with them. Earrings, obviously. He must know my passion for earrings since he bought in pairs.

It might be a small gesture, but this is one of the best gifts he's ever given me. I'm touched that he walked into a bead store, selected out several pairs of beads and bought them for me. Now I just have to find time to work with them and make some stunning earrings.

4 comments:

Plant Girl said...

Awesome gift!

I really like the striped aqua ones too. Can't wait to see what you do with them.

Valerie said...

Aww, what a good guy!

Nic said...

What a sweet thought :o)

lorem ipsum said...

To paraphrase Frank Perdue: It takes a tough man to make a tender gesture.