03 June 2008

First Flower of the Season


Yellow Lily
Originally uploaded by MarciNYC

Hooray! My lillies are starting to bloom.

This is one of three which have been in my garden for 3+ years now - there's a yellow, an orange, and a red lily which I purchased as potted plants and then planted them in the flower beds. Originally I had 5-6 plants, but the rabbits (and the weed whacker) got a few of them.

The new bulbs are starting to shoot up - some of those lillies have buds on them and there's green shoots from what ever the other bulbs were. I can't believe I've forgotten what I planted -- lillies and dahlias for certain, but the rest of it will be a surprise to me.

Mark is leaving this afternoon for DC - so it'll be me and the dogs/cats for two nights. While I'm looking forward to it, I'm also a bit bummed that I can't go to DC with him. It's probably been 10 years since I was down there. Maybe next year.

Henry continues to have good days and bad days. When I think he's about to give up the ghost, he rebounds. Still, his back legs are shaky and he stumbles quite a bit, so I'm not sure how much longer he has. Mark and I have discussed it a bit and pretty much agree that we'll do what's best for him. It makes me sad, but he's had a wonderful 2 years with us. With that, I think I'm going to head downstairs and hang out with Hank until I have to leave to drop Mark off and go to work.

No comments: