09 June 2008

The Amazing Rebound Dog


Henry
Originally uploaded by MarciNYC

I don't know how he does it, but Henry continues to amaze me. One day he's on his last legs and the next day, he's young and spry again.

Yesterday morning he was moping around, all stiff and not really wanting to move around much. However, by evening, when I took him for a walk after the sun started to go down, he was much more active. We walked around the whole block -- something he hasn't done in the better part of a week -- with no problems. He wasn't lagging behind at all but he wasn't out in front as the leader of the pack either. Still, it was a positive thing to see him peppy like that, if even for just an evening.

While I know he won't be with us forever and that the time to say farewell might be sooner than we'd like, I cherish these moments when he's back to the dog he was when we first adopted him. The good days and bad days seem to balance one another for now - when the bad days outnumber the good days, then we'll need to come to a decision. Until then, I'm enjoying my time with my precious dog.

For all off you sending good thoughts for Henry - please keep them coming. I truly believe those good/healing thoughts make a difference.

2 comments:

Plant Girl said...

I'm glad to hear that Henry had such a good night last night. I've been wondering how he's doing. Will continue to send good thoughts your way, in the hope that you have many days left together.


And to answer a couple of your questions...the dogs are brittany spaniels (good eye!) and gas was $3.91 for low-grade yesterday. ;)

Valerie said...

Glad to hear about Henry! I hope he's with you for a few more years, at the very least. My furry girl has turned elderly on me, and I still am not used to her lack of energy compared to how she used to be when she was younger. It's a shame they don't live as long as us isn't it?