06 May 2008

Waiting on a Windy Day


Windchime
Originally uploaded by MarciNYC

Over the weekend, Mark and I were beach hopping along the Jersey Shore. We stopped at a craft show in Manasquan and while the bulk of the vendors were nothing spectacular, there was one woman who had some fantastic windchime made out of old silverware and tea pots, etc.

I wasn't intending to purchase anything, but Mark walked up to me and said, "Do you like it? Do you want to buy it?" and I was sold. I had a hard time choosing between all the wonderful windchimes, but in the end it was this one that came home with me. I't only temporarily hung where it is until I can figure out a better place for it - and where I can hear it when the wind blows.

1 comment:

The Cartoonist's Wife said...

You know, a week and a half ago I was at the Cherokee Triangle art fair and I saw a booth with all sorts of stuff made from cutlery--wondering if it was the same person? In any case, your windchime is quite charming!