16 May 2008

Spring Flowers


earrings - vintage lucite/crystal
Originally uploaded by MarciNYC

If April showers bring May flowers, what do May showers bring? Lucite flowers - of course! (Now listed in my etsy shop.)

It's a rainy day here in Jersey and Tara and I are holed up together in the studio, listening to WBJB and making jewelry. I've had these lucite flowers in my stash forever and was trying to figure out what to do with them. I played around a bit and came up with these earrings.

I also attempted my first handcrafted earwires in sterling silver. I've been okay making them with copper wire so far, but silver prices are unbelievable ($16.82/oz today, when I bought this wire last June it was $12.63/oz), I've been hesitant to use it lest I mess up. Well, my first attempt was an utter failure, but eventually I came up with a pair earwires I was satisfied with.

On the homefront, the first batch of pavers have been laid -- but the rain today means no work. I am really hoping that the job will be complete by next Thursday as my Mom is coming in from Cincinnati for the weekend. I'd like to be able to use my garage again -- especially on days like today.

I've got several errands to run today - haircut, library, grocery store, and maybe a visit to Bed Bath and Beyond. I'm wanting new dishes - preferably white and square. I saw some on clearance at Sears (of all places!) that I liked, but I want to check and see what B3 has before I set my heart on them. I also need to squeeze in a visit to the Hungry Puppy to pick up some booties for Henry. He really needs to go with me on that trip so we get the proper size but I don't feel like taking him out in the rain today.

While I welcome the rain for my garden (and thus alleviating the need to run my sprinklers and keeping our water bill down), I really hope that this isn't a pattern during my days off this summer. I really want to be outdoors, not cooped up inside. I might as well be at work.

1 comment:

Valerie said...

Those earrings are GORGEOUS!!