12 May 2008

Rainy Days and Mondays


earrings - vintage lucite
Originally uploaded by MarciNYC

No, they don't get me down, but rather allow me to hole up in the studio and create.

After getting up and shuffling the dogs out the door to do their business at the crack of dawn, I decided to use my day off to make some new stuff - this is the result of my efforts from about 6:30 - 9:00 AM today. All vintage lucite with either Czech glass or Swarovski crystal accents.

The copper earwires are hand crafted by yours truly -- with the price of silver these days I've been experimenting with other metals. I like working with the copper and making the earwires. Perhaps I'll use some of sterling wire to make my own earwires as well.

Everything will be listed in my etsy shop in the next couple days. I just need to make the time to sit down and upload the photos and work out all the details. With my new part time schedule, I hope to be listing more stuff for sale - if not daily, at least Mondays and Fridays.

No comments: