04 May 2008

Eight Weeks (16+ lbs) Later


Manasquan Beach - May 2008
Originally uploaded by MarciNYC

I've been doing Weight Watchers for 8 weeks now - in that time, I've shed 16.6 pounds. This is how I look now - you can see the before pic here.

There's a lot more weight for me to lose to fit into the 'acceptable' range for someone my height, but every pound is a step closer to that goal.

This week I managed to get into a pair of jeans that have been sitting in my closet - with the tags on - for 2+ years and no camel toe. (I had tried them on in February and it was just too gross.) They'll probably be too big in a matter of weeks, but that's okay with me. I've managed to stop shopping at (as Mark calls it) 'The Forgotten Woman' type shops for my tops, but my hips and bum still necessitate a stop in there for bottoms. *sigh*

I've also been eyeing a windbreaker from Lands' End. While the XL fits me (and I can zip it up over my hips with room to spare), I have put off buying it for the time being. When I can finally zip it up in a L, then I will go ahead and get it. Just a little incentive to keep me working towards that goal.

I'm only a few more pounds away from my 10% goal -- and I'd like to hit it by Memorial Day weekend. I have had my ups and downs the past couple weeks (I really should have said no to the fried calamari on Friday) and didn't get to take the dogs on many walks while Henry was ill. However, I jumped back on that wagon today -- took Henry and Tara around the block once, then came back for Suki and took her around (with Tara - again). It might not be the NYC Marathon, but twice around my block is 1/2 mile, so it's a start.

Tomorrow starts my first week of a reduced schedule - so I'll be doing laundry, hitting the supermarket, and planning meals for the week. I've picked up two Weight Watchers cookbooks and there's more than a few recipes I want to try - although the borscht is not one of them. Now that the weather is warmer, we've got the grilled uncovered and I hope to put that to good use.

Not sure if this will work, but my favorite Weight Watchers recipe so far has been Moroccan Chicken and Chickpeas. I left out the olives because I don't care for them and used brown rice (which I prefer) versus the white rice. A very tasty dish.

2 comments:

Nic said...

That's great progress!

I'm using www.weightlossresources.co.uk as it's cheaper than WW and easier to work out what to eat 9 I don't get the points thing!) and since my restart I've lost 7 pounds in 3 weeks.

I've got a long way to go to get my BMI down to 25 or under, but I will get there this time - I'm determined not to be the cliche "fat and forty" by February next year! LOL

Keep it up :o)

The Cartoonist's Wife said...

It's really amazing--in the first picture you're not wearing a jacket and yet even with the jacket in the second picture you can tell that you're even narrower in the shoulders WITH the jacket! I'm so proud of you--keep up the great work!