18 May 2008

Big Dig Update


Big Dig - Day 4
Originally uploaded by MarciNYC

Four days later and here's the progress. If the rain holds off, the job *should* be finished by Wednesday. If not, we're talking sometime AFTER Memorial Day as the guy doing the work is fleeing Jersey for the holiday weekend. I do hope it's this week - I'm a bit tired of parking my car on the street.

---

On the homefront, I think i've figured out what's wrong with Henry and will be discussing with the vet this week. I did a bit of research on the medication he's on for his arthritis and there's lots of nasty side effects - diarrhea, lethargy, increased water intake - basically, you name it, Henry's had it. He's due for a complete physical this week, but in the meantime, I've taken him off the meds to see if that makes any difference. It's been three days since he had anything besides his Cosequin supplement and he's doing better. He's still not 100% yet, but I see a hint of the dog he used to be.

---

My weight loss continues - but it's slowed to a trickle. Only lost 0.8 pounds this week, for a total of 18.2. I suppose it's better than gaining anything, but I'm a bit frustrated that it's not more. Last night at Kohl's I ran into a gal from a nail salon I used to go to - she saw me and said, 'You so skinny!" Well, not really, but it put a smile on my face for the rest of the night.

I've got 3.8 pounds to go until I hit my 10% goal. Although the holiday weekend's coming up, I plan to weigh in next Sunday and with a little luck, I'll make significant progress towards that. I wanted to do it while my mom is here (and going to the meeting with me), but if I don't - no big deal. I'm definitely not going to eat rabbit food all week just to make it happen. Not that I'd eat rabbit food anyhow.

---

Anyone recall what happened 28 years ago today?

Mount St Helen's erupted. Now lest you think that this is some trivial fact that's stuck in my cranium (it is, but that's beside the fact), the only reason I really remember the exact date is that it's also the birthday of a guy I used to date.

For a certain friend prepping for Jeopardy - keep this tidbit filed away. Once in a while Mount St Helen's comes up . (Although it is NOT the highest peak in the lower 48 states like some dumbass thought.)

3 comments:

Valerie said...

The driveway is lookin' good!

Poor Henry!

lorem ipsum said...

Your driveway looks fabulous.

You look fabulous.

Soon Henry will feel fabulous.

And I'm sure Mt. St. Helens looked fabulous before it blew a big chunk of itself off. (Trivia duly noted, BTW.)

Plant Girl said...

The driveway looks fantastic! Can't wait to see it finished.

Hopefully you can get Henry feeling better. It's no fun to have a sick pet.