06 April 2008

A Day at the Beach


Belmar - April 2008
Originally uploaded by MarciNYC

Spring is here - at last! We had a beautiful sunny day in the low 60s yesterday, so we piled the dogs in the car and headed out to Belmar. We've only got the rest of the month to take the dogs on the beach before they're banned until October, so we'll take every chance we get.

Henry and Suki are beach veterans, but this was Tara's first time. She enjoyed it, especially meeting other dogs along the way. We saw them all - from yellow and chocolate Labs, to Beagles, to chihuahuas, to Yorkies (in pajamas!), and our share of mutts. A good time was had by all - the two legged folks included.

I'm really enjoying my time with the dogs - walking them around the block or down the beach. It's paying off on my weight loss -- 7.6 lbs since I started Weight Watchers mid-March. I don't complain too much about walking them these days - except in a downpour. At that point, it's no fun.

No comments: