06 March 2008

Idol Babbling

Yes, I'm addicted to American Idol. I'm enjoying the guys a lot more this year than the girls.

Jason Castro has been one of my favorites since I first heard him sing, but I *LOVED* his performance on Tuesday (80s night). I'd never heard the song, Hallelujah, before. I'm told it's Leonard Cohen and I've since splurged on iTunes for the Jeff Buckley version (which is awesome!).

Here's Jason's performance if you didn't watch -- the song starts about 00:26, after he shares his most embarrassing moment.



Hoping that he won't be getting the boot tonight. I love his voice and his laid back personality.

4 comments:

The Cartoonist's Wife said...

Yes, Leonard Cohen wrote it. There are a couple of versions (including variances in keys/melodies), perhaps seven verses in all. I like LC's versions the best.

Valerie said...

I'm a HUGE Leonard Cohen fan, and lots of people have done covers of his songs. He's a wonderful lyricist and poet. He has also written a few poetry books, as well as a few novels, which I can't find anywhere. He's well known (in the US) for his songs that are in the movie Natural Born Killers.

I'll stop now so I don't reveal my fanatacism for him. ;)

The Cartoonist's Wife said...

Valerie, I'm being restrained here too. Not only did my husband and I dance to a bootleg of 'Dance Me to the End of Love' for our first (and only) dance at our wedding, I've also been to Hydra!

Not listening to him much for a long time... I know people like to say that his music is depressing, and that ended up being the case with me. It was from a part of my life I don't want to revisit.

That said, I'm going to take some time this weekend to browse Stranger Music. Recommended!

Becca said...

I thought he did great too and my hubby and I are totally addicted to idol :)