05 February 2008

Just Listed


Vintage Plastic
Originally uploaded by MarciNYC

These amber colored beads are lightweight vintage plastic from the 1960s/1970s era. They've been sitting in my stash for quite some time and only last night did I get inspired to use them. I liked them when I bought them, but they didn't move me until I got out the copper and started playing around over the weekend.

I've listed them in my etsy shop today - along with several other earring offerings. My shop is slowly turning over into an earring mecca, with lucite, lampwork and polymer clay beads being the bulk of my stock.

I'm finding earrings are my best sellers and I can offer a variety of price points depending on the materials used. While there may be the odd necklace and bracelet offered, for the time being I'm going to focus on earrings.

4 comments:

Mandy said...

Oooohhhhh...you just had to go and make something orange, didn't you??

**checking my PP balance**

Karyn said...

I think you're right to focus on earrings, especially when they are as pretty as those ones are!! And I love the copper do-dads (what are they called???) :)

Valerie said...

Lovely! They look like little drops of candy to me. Yum!

I love your style Marci. It's so clean and fresh which is neat because you use a lot of lucite, which is vintage of course. It's a nice and unconventional combination.

Marika said...

Just going through your blog when I spotted this pair, adorable!!

Yeah, silver prices went up - not sure how it will go ahea with me, when my main medium is sterling :(