19 February 2008

Affordable Art from Etsy


Etsy Art - Framed
Originally uploaded by MarciNYC

I purchased both these prints off fellow etsians - the top print is from Shelagh Duffett of Alice in Paris and the bottom is from Lindsay Brackeen.

Last month, AC Moore had 60% off their custom framing, so I went to have a look. I had several pieces that I wanted framed, but wasn't thrilled by their frame selection, so I held back and only had these two pieces done. Overall, I'm pleased with the end product -- considering I paid less than $65 to have both pieces framed.

The white cat is hanging in my guest room now - opposite the bed. If you can't tell from the photograph, that's a dark purple mat surrounding the image. It fits in perfectly with the room decor and perfectly in the spot above the bookcase between the windows.

The girl with the lion print is currently hanging in my bedroom, but I'm not 100% certain that will be its final hanging place. I might move it downstairs into the family room or into my studio. Decisions, decision. For now, it's in the bedroom and it makes me smile when I see it.

I've got one more print from Shelagh and three more from Lindsay that need to be framed one of these days. I might give Michael's a whirl next time they have 50% off their custom framing - just for a wider variety of frame choices.

1 comment:

The Cartoonist's Wife said...

Oh, they are charming! I especially like the colors in the top one.