10 January 2008

One Day More...

Yep, only one day left of work. Have to assist with a client audit on Thursday, but come 4 PM or so - I'll be checking out and on vacation until I return. Heck, I still might be 'on vacation' when I get back - at least in my head.

Most everything is complete, I only have a few things left to do:
  1. Pack - temps are forecasted to be in the upper 70s/low 80s while I'm gone, so that means digging out the summer togs

  2. Stock up on necessary meds - i.e., Dramamine, Motrin. I probably won't have to use the Dramamine; simply knowing I have it will probably do the trick. Better safe than sorry. I can get motion sickness in car too easily these days.

  3. Wash the dogs. Yes, they're starting to stink again, so I'll be giving them baths tomorrow night when I get home. (Why do dogs think rolling around in smelly things is fun?)

  4. Pack the camera, my passport, and a crafty project. I'll have to search my cross-stitch stash to see if there's something I've got ready-to-go to take with me.

  5. Don't forget books. I figure I'll have some time to read poolside on the ship. But deciding what to take could be tough. Have to see what MMPB books I can easily tuck into my bag.

  6. Cancel the paper for this weekend, confirm last minute details with dog walker, double check all necessary bills are paid...
Whew! After 8 hours of my day job, I'm hoping this will take very little time and I can sit down and relax. I can hold off on #2 until we get to Florida for my pre-cruise weekend, but everything else will have to be done before I go to bed on Thursday. Friday morning will come early - too early. Who had the bright idea to take an early morning flight?

2 comments:

LINDSAY said...

Have fun on your cruise! My hubby has been in the Bahamas for the past week and is loving it, of course. Glad to see I'm not the only person who drops "hints" to their husband. My bday is at the end of the month, and I'm secretly making a list! ha :)

Mandy said...

Have a fantastic vacation! We got another 4 inches of snow yesterday and today's forecasted high is in the low 20's. Warm weather and sunshine sounds incredible right now.

Hope that your list goes smoothly so that you can take a break tonight and get a good night's rest.