13 December 2007

'tis the Season

I thought I'd share a few photos of my holiday decor. I don't go all out like some friends/family members, but give me time and I'm sure I'll get there.
Here's the tree in the living room and yes, that's pink carpet. Rose, actually. It was in the house when we bought it. (Or to my stitching friends - DMC 224.)

I tried to get Henry to pose in front of the tree, but he wanted nothing to do with that. Apparently the food dish was a lot more exciting.
This is the table in our entry way - photos of friends and family and a couple of snow persons. (I purchased them at a craft fair in Toms River last year.)
This snowman was purchased several years ago at a craft fair in Ohio - probably the Lakota show, if I remember correctly. The snow globe is a gift from my mom and is the Cincinnati skyline. (Mmm... Skyline.)
Hey! How'd she get here? Mark hates this throw - he says it looks like it comes from a bordello. Suki seems to be rather fond of it. I am too - it's soft and warm and red.

My tree is a mix of contemporary and 'vintage' ornaments. The vintage ornaments have been handed down from my grandmother and my mom - here's a few of my favorites:
This elf (and a few others) have decorated every Christmas tree I remember at either my grandparents' house or my mom's. Two of them now hang around my house for the holidays.
A shiny blue bird (not bluebird) from my grandma's tree.
This one was my mom's - I don't remember who gave it to her, but I think it's from Germany.
Here's a ladybug and one of the several old glass ornaments I have from my grandmother. I still have the original boxes for these ornaments with the price -- 10 cents each or 90 cents for the box.

On the contemporary ornament front, here's a few new ones which I'm rather fond of:
On the left is the paw print ornaments mom got for me at an after Christmas sale last year, on the right are the clear glass ornaments with cardinals in the trees.

And the new additions for 2007:
The glass mermaid I fell in love with during one of our excursions in Asbury Park.
Then here's Tillie - an AP icon which I had to add to my tree. See that vintage ornament to the left? Told you I have lots of them!

Here's the top of my bookcase in the living room.
The Santa was another purchase form a craft show in Cincinnati. I like Santas almost as much as I like snowmen.

Speaking of snowmen...
This guy is sitting in the corner of my staircase.

That's a peek into a corner (or two) of my house at Christmastime. One of these days I'll get out front and take photos of our lights.

Merry Christmas to all!

1 comment:

The Cartoonist's Wife said...

YAY! (Applause.) A truly fascinating Christmas decorations tour! Lots of fun -- thanks!