16 December 2007

A Royal Treat

Most of my friends know I have an obsession with royalty - in particular, English/British royalty from Henry VIII and his wives to the current monarch and Prince William. Oh - and don't forget my obsession with the late Princess Diana.

When I saw this pillow/cushion on etsy, I knew I had to have it, but I was initially scared off due to the price. However, as I got a small Christmas bonus on Friday, I decided I was going to treat myself and order it.

Besides the QE II stamp pillows, you can find a lot of other fun designs at Karen Hilton Designs. I like the greyhound as well as the flower power pillows. If you're an Anglophile, you owe it to yourself to check it out.

I'm almost tempted to get another for a certain friend - but if I did, I'm sure her husband would ban me from their house. I'm pushing it with the constant barrage of Diana books -- which reminds me, I have a few here that are gathering dust. It's been a while since I've sent 'care package'...

Now I'll sit patiently and wait for her majesty's arrival. As the pillow is for me, I'm not in any rush. But I am anxious to receive it and put it out on display in my living room. On the chair next to the book case containing my collection of Diana biographies, of course.

1 comment:

The Cartoonist's Wife said...

'Oh - and don't forget my obsession with the late Princess Diana.'

John would call that the understatement of the year. (Hee hee!)

---

Did you hear Prince Charles is going to address a global warming conference as a hologram (like Al did at Live Aid)? How will they tell the difference between the hologram and the real thing?