15 December 2007

Death Redux


Mark, Alan and Etta - May 2006
Originally uploaded by MarciNYC

Just to let you know, Mark's dad passed away this afternoon around 2 PM. Mark and other family members were with him at the end. I'm so very grateful that Mark was able to make it to Florida to say farewell.

Funeral arrangements have not been determined yet - most likely Monday or Tuesday. In any case, it appears I'll be flying out to Florida on Monday morning sometime. I just have to find a flight and coordinate with Mark.

For all of you who have been with me during the ups and downs of this past year - thank you. Who would have thought we'd lose three parents (his dad, his stepmother, and my stepdad) in less than 12 months? I'm hoping that this is the last sorrowful chapter in our lives for a long time.

4 comments:

Susan Helene Gottfried said...

Ooh, huge hugs and condolences, darling. And a bigger hug to that one parent who remains, too. That's got to be scary, watching all your contemporaries move on.

Love from all of us over here --

The Cartoonist's Wife said...

Lovely picture... and more condolences. Time to close the book on '07.

(((((HUGS))))

Mandy said...

I'm so sorry. Thankfully Mark had some time with his Dad before he passed.

I hope that your trip to FL goes as smoothly as it can. My thoughts go out to everyone during this time.

Nic said...

I'm so sorry, but I'm thankful that Mark was able to be there at the end.

I hope that this now closes the horrible time you've had this year, and that 2008 brings more peace and cheer.

Love from all of us this side of the pond!