12 December 2007

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas...


Xmas Decor 2007
Originally uploaded by MarciNYC

At last! I finally got the Christmas tree up and partially decorated. The glass bulbs are on as well as some of the larger and more favorite ornaments.

If you look closely at the picture, you'll see a menorah to the left of the tree. We're a mixed family here - so we decorate for both holidays. This year I didn't get around to making latkes like I wanted to. I suppose I could always do it on Christmas Day since there's nothing else to do!

I've posted a few more shot (some closeups from the tree) on my Flickr account tonight, but I want to get a few more to show how the house is decorated. I don't go all out - yet. I'm slowly accumulating Christmas-winter decorations.

I have come to the realization that I like snowmen. There's quite a few of them around the house -- and there's at least one snowman ornament on the tree. Snowmen are nice - they can 'hang out' in my home all winter long -- and the best part is these snowmen don't melt.

1 comment:

The Cartoonist's Wife said...

We just finished (mostly) putting up and decorating our tree. I say 'mostly' because John underestimated the number of strings of lights we have, so he's unhappy with the way it turned out. I, of course, can't tell the difference and think it looks fine!

Anyway, your tree (and menorah) is charming!