06 November 2007

Thirty Days of Thanks: Days 1-6

I stole this idea from Kecia, a fellow EtsyNJ Street Team member who I had the pleasure of meeting earlier this summer at the Ocean Grove Craft Fair. Of course, I'm going to do it my way by playing catch-up today and then I'll try to post regularly throughout the month...

So, to catch up, here's six things (in no particular order) that I'm thankful for...
  1. My Husband
    ...who puts up with me during good times and the not-so-good times. He really is a wonderful man who has the patience of a saint when I'm on a rampage. Despite our different sport allegiances, I love autumn Sundays when we watch football together.

  2. My Dogs
    Both Henry and Suki are Monmouth County SPCA alumni. I really can't remember what life was like before they joined our family. Well, I can remember not getting up at 5 AM to walk them... There's nothing better than coming home after a long day and seeing their faces light up with joy when they realise their humans are home. Dog love is simply wonderful.

  3. My Cats
    Stanley is an stray from Brooklyn and our last (pet) connection to the city; Sadie and Lily are Monmouth County SPCA alumnae like the dogs. Not only are they great bed companions, they provide me hours of amusement. I'm still waiting for Sadie to learn that Stanley's not playing nice when he comes to groom her; he's just lulling her into a false sense of security before he goes in for attack.

  4. Books
    Its hard to me to imagine anyone being illiterate as reading comes as naturally to me as breathing. I've been a bookworm for as long as I can remember. For me, books have been a wonderful source of learning and escapism since I was a child. I like nothing better than to be curled up on the sofa with the dogs or cats and a good book in my hand. (You can see my recent reads in the sidebar to the right.)

  5. Beads
    But of course... If I don't have a book in my hand, I'm probably holed up in my makeshift studio playing with my assortment of fabulous beads. I really love taking separate pieces and fashioning them into a beautiful piece of jewelry.

  6. Ninety-Nine
    As in how many points I lost by in my Fantasy Football match up this week. I'm thankful it was only 99 points and not 100. Yes, it's still a loss and I'm on a losing streak (5 in a row) but there's always next week. (How the heck is one supposed to compete against a team stacked with players like Tom Brady, Randy Moss, Terrell Owens, Brian Westbrook and Tony Gonzalez. Sheesh!)

So, that's the catch-up list... Stay tuned for more throughout the month of November.

1 comment:

kecia said...

great job! love all your animals too. i have 3 dogs, 2 cats and a bunny! what would we do without our animals?