08 November 2007

Thirty Days of Thanks: Day 8

Today I give thanks for my sorority sisters.

Since college, Phi Mu has been there for me, wherever I've lived. Each time I moved to a new town, I found the alumnae chapter and voila - an instant family. We're not cookie cutter clones, in fact, there are more than a few women who are my polar opposites, but there's a common bond between us.

Here in Jersey I've got a core of friends which are made up of Phi Mu sisters. Between them and the unofficial Sisterhood email list, I've got a wonderful support system. My sisters are there for me in good times and bad. We laugh together and we cry together; for that, I'm eternally thankful. I have gotten so much from my sisters over the years, I hope that I can and do give back enough in return.

Little did I know when I pledged Phi Mu back in 1987 how important it would be to me. Now 20 years later, I'm thankful for this wonderful bond of sisterhood that stretches north to south, east to west. I've met my share of wonderful women who I am honored to call my sisters and friends.

1 comment:

Francine said...

Our sisterhood has supported me thru EVERYTHING, and that has meant more than I could express...well said Marci and thanks for being a wonderful sister!!
lion love ~ Francine, Epsilon Pi