26 November 2007

Thirty Days of Thanks: Day 26

Today I am thankful for my friend (and sorority sister), Denise and rental cars.

We were scheduled to travel back to Philly tonight, but due to weather conditions, the Philly airport shut down around 5 PM eastern time. Instead of waiting around the Columbus airport to see if our plane might leave eventually, Mark got online to rebook us on a flight out on Tuesday morning, while I was on the phone with Denise who managed to book us a rental car.

Granted, my Mom was only halfway home, but considering it was close to a 2 hour drive to the airport, we decided we'd just rent a car one way and drop it off at CVG in the morning. We made great time getting back to Cincinnati (1h, 20m or so) and had dinner before returning to my Mom's house.

There's really no place like home - but if you can't find your way home, nothing beats the comforts of Mom's place.

No comments: