15 November 2007

Thirty Days of Thanks: Day 15

Today I am thankful for my etsy customers. I had another sale this morning - this time from one of my sorority sisters. (Thanks Elizabeth!)

I really have a lot of fun creating jewelry - and when someone else likes it enough to purchase it, that's even a bigger thrill.

I sent over a sampling of earrings to a colleague in our UK office this week. She had contacted me a month or two ago about a charity craft show they do each year and asked if I would like her to sell some of my stuff along her handcrafted cards. It didn't take me long to say yes, but then the panic set in.

I've spent the past weekend tweaking some pieces, making new pieces, and pricing all of them accordingly. For a gal who conistently knows the £:$(US) ratio, I suddenly couldn't remember how to convert dollars to pounds. Is it doubled? Is it halved? Fortunately my senses returned quickly and I realised that $1 is roughly equal to 50p these days. Ouch.

I'm hoping to have a few more hours to make more stuff ahead of the holiday shopping season. Now that I've finished my holiday shopping (yes, I'm rubbing it in!), I should have plenty of time to hunker down and let my creative juices flow.

2 comments:

Susan Helene Gottfried said...

Good! 'cause you know those bracelets that wrap around? Put some red in 'em, make 'em a single strand, and they're MINE.

Told you I'd know it when I saw it!

marci said...

S&M - so nice to see you again... :)

I will get to work on the red stuff. It's just been busy here. But I am lurking at WoM, just not commenting. I'll say a few words sometime soon.